Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Finale

As I have been preparing to leave for home tomorrow evening, I have felt so many conflicting emotions. I have been home sick for a little while now and am so looking forward to being home, but the departure date approached so quickly and I am also very sad to be leaving. I have made so many amazing friends here, had so many unforgettable experiences, and have learned so much. I am anxious to see how my experiences here will affect life at home and what I will continue to learn from them. I am antsy about the travel part of the returning home. I am looking forward to some of the little things I have missed from home and am already missing the little things here I know I won't have at home. I miss friends and family and home and I'm already missing people I'm with here. It is really hard to believe this semester is almost over. I was admittedly scared of coming to Riva at first, not knowing many of the people who were coming who already knew each other so well, but it was honestly the best thing I could have done for myself. I've decided I need to do a few things that scare me.

I look forward to seeing everyone at home and am so excited to be returning. I just wanted to write one last blog entry to commemorate the semester in a way. I hope everyone who has been following it has enjoyed reading and got to feel like they were experiencing the semester with me at least a little bit.

No comments: